Happy New Year to all! To celebrate the start of the new year Opwall has put together a list of some of the best camera trap and marine underwater camera footage we could find, including some wicked whale shark and boisterous bears!
This amazing video comes all the way from Transylvania and shows two Eurasian Brown bears (Ursus Arctos Arctos), a mother and cub, searching the forest.
This video is brought to you from Tela in Honduras, by one of our scientists Max Bodmer. As you can see from the video he stumbled upon a pod of 5 ‘dog-sized’ (as described by Max) Spiny Lobsters (Panulirus argus), an incredible and rare sight.
This video is again from one of our marine sites, this time Bau Bau in Indonesia. Filmed by Alejandro Usobiaga of a beautiful whale shark (Rhincodon Typus).
This footage comes from Cusuco National Park in Honduras and features a wide variety of the mammals and birds you may find in the Cloud forest. Wildlife included in this video:
- – Nine-banded Armadillo (Dasypus novemcinctus)
- – White-nosed Coati (Nasua narica)
- – Margay (Leopardus wiedii)
- – Collared Peccary (Pecari tajacu)
- – Red Brocket Deer (Mazama americana)
- – White Tailed Deer (Odocoileus virginianus)
- – Highland Guan (Penelopina nigra)
- – Baird’s Tapir (Tapirus bairdii)
This video comes from Madagascar and includes a few mammals and birds again. This time the infamous Fossa got it’s bottom caught by the camera trap! The wildlife in this video includes:
- – Small Indian Civet (Viverricula Indica)
- – Crested Ibis (Nipponia Nippon)
- – Bush Pig (Potamochoerus Larvatus)
- – Red Capped Coua (Coua Ruficeps)
- – Fossa (Cryptoprocta Ferox)
- – Falanouc (Eupleres Major)